Monday 2 July 2007

A word of advice...

And then off up to Goring. It’s another great boat up there, made more fun by the really strong stream that was coming down the Thames. And the rain. Yes – more rain. I passed several places that I have decided I will have as moorings when I am rich and famous.

Last year, Goring Lock provided the biggest ever audience for an outside show that Mikron has ever done. We knew that this year was not going to be as good simply because the weather has been so bad. It was raining on and off all day – and that is not a good omen for audience numbers. And sure enough there were not nearly as many people as there had been last year. But there was still a pretty good turn out, considering. About 100 or so – which given the fact there is absolutely no shelter is not bad, I reckon. And the show went really well. I don’t know what it is about Goring Lock, but I have enjoyed all the shows that I have done there, and I can’t wait to go back again – hopefully with a better summer, next time.

By the way. If you are ever in Goring, NEVER go to Massoom’s Indian restaurant. It is not the one just next to the bridge, which I think we went to last year, and was rather good, if I remember rightly, but the one further up the high street. It was possibly the worst Indian vegetarian cooking I have ever encountered (greasy starters, five dishes, 2 flavours (neither of them good)). And certainly the most aggressive staff. Be warned.

No comments: